Forbes Picks Safest Cars for 2011
Posted Monday, Jul 25, 2011 by
Forbes Magazine recently published its list of the safest cars in the 2011 model year. Not surprisingly, large and mid-size sedans dominated. No compacts or subcompacts made the list. Perhaps to the surprise of some, GM and Ford (Lincoln) were well represented, with only two German brands and one Japanese manufacturer making the cut.
According to Forbes, the nine safest 2011 car models are:
• BMW 5 Series — Large Luxury Sedan — MSRP: $45.050
• Buick LaCrosse — Large Luxury Sedan — MSRP: $26,995
• Cadillac CTS Sedan — Large Luxury Sedan — MSRP: $35,165
• Chevrolet Cruze — Small Sedan — MSRP: $16,275
• Lincoln MKS — Large Luxury Sedan — MSRP: $41,500
• Mercedes C-Class — Mid-Size Luxury Sedan — MSRP: $33,900
• Mercedes E-Class Sedan — Large Luxury Sedan — MSRP: $49,400
• Subaru Legacy — Mid-Size Sedan — MSRP: $19,995
• Subaru Outback — Mid-Size Sedan — MSRP: $23,195
Forbes made its selected based on the following criteria:
- Only cars were considered. No vans, SUVS, crossovers or pick-up trucks.
- Cars had to be a “Top Safety Pick” of the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
- Cars had to score “good” in all front, side, rear and rollover crash tests.
- Cars had to have electronic stability control.
Only the nine vehicles listed above met all four criteria.
Enjoy a Career in Automotive Technology with Training from WyoTech
If cars are your passion, consider Automotive Technology training from WyoTech, one of America’s leading institutions preparing students for work in the automotive, motorcycle, diesel, collision/refinishing and marine industries. For information on training programs, as well as financial aid available for those who qualify, contact WyoTech today!
Programs and schedules vary by campus.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other important information, please visit our website at www.wyotech.edu/disclosures.
For a lot of students coming out of high school, there’s often a big “question mark” about what the next ...
Bobby Dhaliwal I'm a Fabricator, Body Man, Painter, everything! I can do it all! I love what I do. I wouldn't change it for anything.