Call us today: 1.877.411.5759

Military Education Benefits Information

If you are a veteran, service member, reservist, active duty spouse, dependent, or otherwise eligible, you may qualify for various veteran and military education benefit programs.

Eligibility criteria for military education assistance and available benefits may vary by state and school, so check with Veterans Affairs (VA) or Department of Defense (DOD) to see if you qualify. Visit the VA website at or call the VA National Call Center at 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) for more details.

The VA and DOD offer several educational assistance programs:

  •  Tuition Assistance (Chapter 10)
  •  Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30, 1606)
  •  Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment VetSuccess Program  (Chapter 31)
  •  Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP) (Chapter 32)
  •  Post-9/11 GI Bill, including Yellow Ribbon Program, Fry Scholarship (Chapter 33)**
  •  Survivor’s and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (DEA) (Chapter 35)
  • Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) (Chapter 1607)
  • Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA)

Even if you are receiving VA or military benefits, you may still need additional funds to cover your education costs and related expenses. If you need additional assistance, you can select one of the school’s primary financing options, such as financial aid or cash. All payments must be made in accordance with the school’s financial policies and procedures.

*Financial aid is available for those who qualify.How Will I benefit from the Yellow Ribbon Program?

**There is a change in Yellow Ribbon program benefits that may be beneficial if you’re looking to attend school.
Effective August 1, 2011 the Post-9/11 GI Bill will pay:

  • All public school in-state tuition and fees or
  • Up to $17,500 per academic year for a private school

Students planning on attending a private school or public school should be aware that tuition fess might exceed the above stated amount.

Degree granting institutions that offer programs of higher learning may choose to participate in the Yellow Ribbon program making funds available for a student’s education program without additional charge to their GI Bill entitlement.

If entering into a voluntary agreement with the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, an institution has the option of choosing the amount of tuition and fees to be contributed. VA will match the amount and payments are issued directly to the institution making the contribution.

WyoTech’s Yellow Ribbon Scholarship is $4,000. The VA matches that amount and the total allotment is 8,000.

The following link can provide additional information:

*Check with your local WyoTech campus to ensure that these programs (GI Bill and the Yellow Ribbon Program) are available.


For more information, visit:

Tagged with: Articles

tr p